Living and Authentic life

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mony, Mony, Mony


Well here is our newest addition to the family for awhile, her name is Harmony, but she goes by Mony, she is a lab puppy about 6ish months old, we are doing our cousin Merissa a favor while she moves her life to Salt Lake City and figures out if she can keep her or not....we watch so many other dogs that it was easy to tell Mersa we would help her out. I am not going to lie though, she can be stressful at times...mainly because she is still a puppy and does puppy things like pull everything out of the trash and drag it all over the house...pee on my carpets...(so far this has only happened twice, lets hope thats the end of that...) chew apart my running shoes, yeah they are ruined, but luckly I have another pair, chew apart my chaco flips...yeah I have lots of pairs of those, and dig holes all over are yard, ya know I don't care about the holes...but she did dig up my precious baby pomagranate tree and bit off all the new growth from last year, I have been nurturing this plant for the last 2 years, I was afraid she had killed it, I didn't get it, of all the things to pick to dig up and chew on I didn't get that one, she got in big trouble for that one I am not going to lie, I was really mad about it, I mean 2 years people....it is a super special breed of pomogranate bush, so she is lucky she didn't kill it, she knows now not to ever touch it now at least I am pretty sure she does...anyway it all sounds like a crazy time, but here are the good things, Shad enjoys having her in the field and she gets to play with him, I like taking her on late evening walks, and she is really good on them, she is a fast learner, she is really beginning to understand what she can and can't chew on, she does not touch the trash any more and I hope she is done with peeing in the house. Her and Taegyn completely get along now, he loves giving her little doggy treats when she picks up her foot and shakes and overall this is a great learning experience to see if we are ready for a dog, Shad gets dog hungry every now and then so what a great opportunity, she is in a trainable place and can teach us a lot about owning a dog. Overall I like having her here, even if she is a little devil at times.....more on her I am sure later.....this is her favorite chewy toy that we gave her. :)

3 comments:

Bri!!! said...

You are so patient JP. That dog would be out for me. I am very picky about dogs though. Labs are great, but the first two years are always hard. So I wrote a blog because I got slacker mail:-). hope all is well, and hope Taren comes when he's ready. I'm very excited to meet him. We might be driving up to Utah in a couple of weeks, and maybe we will stop in St. George for a bit. I will let you know. Much love, Bri

Mary said...

Ahhhh the puppy stage. I've been through too many of those I think. I am glad that Cooper is 2 years old cuz I could have killed him at least 100 times if Pat hadn't been there to protect him.

LinZee said...

I can't believe we are almost done being pregnant. How are you feeling? How is St. George? Things are going good here. I love your comments on my blog and I need to be better here...