Living and Authentic life

Monday, April 7, 2008

Really Neat Stuff

Well yesterday I had the privilige of saying goodbye to Mia, Jody's rottie that she has had for the last 8 years. Mia a year ago got cancer in her bones and inevitabley it has eventually spread through into her lungs, she woke up blind on saturday and Jody bless her heart made the decision to ease her suffering and put her to sleep today. As a goodbye gift and as a way to say thanks to all she has done for me, I brought Demeree over and had her work on Mia, for those of you who don't know Demeree she is my dear friend and like a sister, she is a gifted massage therapist and doesn't usually work on animals, but she did it for me and for Jody. Demeree is also very good at sensing the energy system of the body so it was really neat that Jody let me be in the room with her and Mia and Dem, I was able to see the love that those 2 had for each other and hear some pretty cool stuff, overall Mia was so grateful to Jody and there was an overwhelming sense that she has had a great life and a great companion in Jody. Dem let Jody know after feeling the disease in Mia's body that she was making the right decision, Mia was only going to get worse and more miserable, and that she was ready to let go. The timing in Jody's life I think is so amazing, she just got this great life changing job, is moving back to SLC, it has been hard for her to live in St. George and now she is returning to a city she loves to be in, I think Mia knew Jody needed her companionship while here in St. George and realizes that Jody with this new opportunity will be fine with out her. Both Jody and I commented on how ironic the timing of all this was. I know some of you might read this and be like, whatever its a dog....blah blah blah...but I know for a fact that the animals we bring into our lives and homes share our emotions as well as our lives, sure they do it on an animal level, but there is no question in my mind that animals sense, feel and see things that even we as humans can be closed to understanding. It was so cool to be a part of that wonderful experience for Mia and Jody, and Mia was so grateful for the massage, her body was hurting and she continually expressed thanks in her "doggy" way to Dem. I am so thankful to Jody, she has been a great friend and I see her tremendous potential and wish her the best in her new adventure. I am grateful to Dem, she has SO much on her plate right now, and still took the time to do that for me, even though I know she has a lot of other things to do right now. So overall I am feeling a sense of gratitude and happiness for those I care about and my prayers are with Jody on this day, it will be a rough day for her.

1 comments:

Bri!!! said...

Thanks for writing this blog. It touched me and almost made me cry. Not many people understand the devastation about putting down a beloved dog. How sweet that you were able to be there for Jody, and the timing of all of this. Thanks for sharing. Much love,

Bri