Living and Authentic life

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Babio Update

well I just got back from my appointment, first off lets just say I hate getting checked, but I wanted to know where I was at, you know if my cervix was soft, was baby still head down, how far am I dialated....all that good stuff. So the crappy stuff first...when he checked me my cervix was behind Taren's head so he was having a hard time getting a good check, so he was like pulling it and hurt, I was like whoa what are you doing...he said he was trying to move the cervix forward...anyway that is the only crappy thing that happended today the rest is all good, my cervix is soft, baby is still head down and I am at a 3, now we need to wait until the cervix is moved forward more, so it looks like I am still another week away, I was hoping to have the baby on the 9th, but it looks like I am going to make it to another appointment where I get the oh so fun privlidge of getting checked again, so unless I go into labor before then, which knowing my body and based off how Taegyn went, (it took some time for my cervix to comply with him to) I will make it to next week without a baby, I am not saying I still couldn't have him anytime, I just have a hunch we got another week or 2...anyway so no induction on the 9th, which is most likely a blessing in disguise. I want my body to be ready, so like the affirmations cd that Bri gave me says....babies come on their birthdays not when doctors (or moms who want to conviently take advantage of their husbands days off, or not worry about finals and baby at the same time...) say they should. So I guess at this point it is up to Taren...now for the other decision...epidural or natural? still thinking about this one....anyway more later.

2 comments:

LinZee said...

I just started having my "intrusive" exams. I can just tell you that I hear ya. When exactly are you due? I am not due until the 29th, but I am definitely counting down.

Kristy said...

Hey Jennie,
I'm no good at keeping surprises. I am making a little blanket for Taren with that turtle fabric. Isn't it so adorable! They have some other with frogs on it that I want to get for my baby, hoping it is a boy. I looked for a long time for turtle fabric and most turtle fabric is not so cute, I was so excited to find this stuff. Anyway, I am anxious to get word that things are in motion for you!