Living and Authentic life

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bri this one's for you......

Ok so I am so excited, it has been exactly 1 week since Taren came into this world, and I promised I would give myself a week before I weighed myself, I could already tell just by looking in the mirror I was bouncing back fast, and I still wanted to wait a week.....so here were pre-baby stats...I usually like weighing between 128-135...Less than that I start to look too skinny. I started my pregnancy with Taren at 135, throughout the pregnancy I tried to eat healthy but I was not super strict with myself, if I wanted something I ate it, if it was really sugarary or something that wasn't so great for me I still ate it, just not lots of it. I really was mellow with myself this time around. As far as exercise went I worked out at least 1 hour 5 days a week and towards the end was walking or doing the eliptical. I really tried to balance and not overkill on exercise which I have a tendancy to do when my body changes outside my control, I try to control it with exercise, which is ridiculous during pregnancy because your going to get bigger....so I really thought I was so much healthier about it this time around, no 3 hour workouts like I did with Taegyn...:) So I topped out at 175, yes folks...40 pounds! And the beautiful thing is even at the end I wasn't freaking out about it, I knew I would be fine after baby. Well surprises of all surprises...after weighing myself today I am at 150! In just 1 week I have dropped 25 lbs!!:) I am more than halfway back to pre-pregnancy weight and it has only been 1 week! I am thrilled and feel great and really feel like I am healing fast. Now lets talk post baby nutrition and exercise....so since Taren has been here I have not gone exercising much to Shad's relief, it helps having my mom here to remind me not to push it too soon. :) So other than walking around the house and the store a couple of times, I have not officially started or done any exercise and still have dropped 25 lbs....so it must be eating right?...Well I have focused on eating well (fruits, vegys, lean meats, grains....you know the good stuff) 80% of the time and 20% gives me room for the good "bad" stuff....and then there is NURSING, a moms best friend....that helps a ton! I plan on beginning to walk on monday, start slow doing 1-2 miles a day and then gradually adding more, the doctor said walk a lot but no strenuous exercise for 6 weeks...(yeah right I will probley start jogging at 4 weeks, lightly jogging people...:) Anyway my point of this blog...Bodies are meant to bounce back after babies, in fact, I believe if we stay relatively active and eat good for the most part they get even better than before because of all the great things nursing does....so anyway to all those prego ladies who sometimes worry or stress out about not getting back to normal...it will happen and I suspect to the few of those women who are ultra fit biker women....I bet those women bounce back lightening fast....more later:)

1 comments:

Bri!!! said...

That is AWESOME!!! 25 lbs in a week, pretty amazing. I still struggle a little bit with the weight gain, but I always remind myself that it WILL come off. It is a constant worry, but I haven't allowed it to get me down as much as it did when I wrote that one blog. Thanks for writing about this. It helps a lot. Oh how I miss working out hard. That will be nice to start doing six weeks after Caleb comes. I have enjoyed my walks though. Keep posting pics of Taren, and yes he has beautiful cheekies. He is so cute. They do look similar yet so different. SO FUN! Good job Momma.

Much love,

Bri