Living and Authentic life

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ok this is it....


alright folks, this is the last pregnant picture I am going to post of myself before Taren gets here...so enjoy..:)I think I am going into labor soon, lots of activity has been happening these last few days...I also am 80% sure at this point to go natural with no epidural or pitocin, I also have heard some great things about birthing in the squatting position, it opens your pelvis up to 30% making it easier to birth the baby, I have read now a lot that being on your back is one of the worst positions...so I am up for trying new stuff, I don't think I have had enough time to learn all the hypnobirthing techniques, so I am not expecting a pain free birth neccisarily, but I am expecting that I can do this and that I can have a smooth easy 2nd birth with Taren, I do believe it will go much faster than Taegyn did, sooooo hopefully you'll see a picture of Taren on here soon.....very soon....:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LinZee said...

Wow Jen, You look great! I am so excited for you, and for me to have our babies. You are brave going all natural. I am pretty sure that I won't be doing that. I went to the DR's yesterday and she said I am 1-2cm dilated, but the baby needs to drop more. It is coming fast. I hope I am ready.

Bri!!! said...

Oh, I'm so excited you are going to try and go unmedicated. You CAN DO IT! How exciting you are getting closer to your birthing time. I can't wait till that comes. I'm so excited for it. As for the squatting position, it just makes sense. There are many positions that we can try when unmedicated. Don't just try that one, cause others might feel more comfortable for you. One I have seen be effective which looks uncomfortable to me, but people seem to like it is on all fours. I also saw a women give birth standing up! Don't think that will be that comfortable for me though. Also, I would definitely recommend a birthing ball. It helps you to dilate quicker, and the baby to move into a great birthing position. You can sway your hips side to side on the ball to help facilitate this. It opens up your hips and gravity moves Taren down. I read a few womens stories saying the birthing ball saved them. You can also use the birthing ball to lay on kneeling which is also a great position because the pressure from the ball on your belly is pushing baby down, and gravity does the rest. Get creative, have fun, there is no one right way. I can't wait to try what works for me. Also, it's not labor, labor sucks. It's an adventure and it's your birthing time in preparation to meet your little Taren. Oh, I am so excited for you. Post a blog when you enter into your birthing time so I our prayers and thoughts and positive energy can be with you. YAY FOR BIRTH!!! Much love,

Bri

Anonymous said...

You are much braver than me! As far as it goes, I will always use an epidural. No pain for me please and I still feel like it was a great experience.