Living and Authentic life

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Couple of things.....

Ok so I am off to Hilldale today to visit the polygamists to get some raw milk....because the other farm is 2 1/2 hours away so it is a difference of a 1 1/2 hour trip or 4-5ish....but the milk in redmond (the far away place) is better because the cows are grass fed, and the cows in Hilldale are alfalfa and grain fed...yes people it makes a difference in the quality of milk. Anyway it is still a pain to get and I do it anyway because I have seen the wonderful health benefits my beautiful boy experiences....(you can ask me about them if your curious) I just wish that someone closer or in town would sell raw milk here because usually my mom just brings it up from provo once a month (from Real Foods Market...awesome store) but we still run out sometimes and I have to supplement with the Hilldale milk or get the organic pasturized, homoginized crap they have at the store, I know I know you all hear that and say we drink that crap....and the organic is better than regular milk in the store...but still it is crap, you kill everything good when you pasturize and homoginization is soooo bad for the milk....and re fortifying it with vitamins and minerals is like trying to take a multi vitamin instead of eating your vegetables...ok so off my milk soapbox, I just am saying I wish there was a store I could go buy it in like in provo instead of having to drive far away to get the goods.....Oh yeah we all drink it too (Shad and I) and we have seen a huge difference....I still can't get my family to drink it though....ideally I would have my own land to have my own cows (for grass fed beef and milk) and have my own fresh chicken eggs and a big beautiful garden where I grow all my own organic vegetables, then eating healthy would be a sinch and not a million dollars....ok I did say a couple of things so here is the other thing, my boy is growing up so fast...it is exciting and I am sad sometimes....before I know it he will be graduating from HS ready to leave on a mission (assuming he wants to go) and off into the big world....makes me crazy sometimes....He is such a fun age right now, he is just figuring out hide and go seek, we have a blast...oh and he LOVES treats, he asks for them all day and surely can weasle 2 or 3 out of me a day....yeah sometimes treats are chocolate and somtimes they are grapes....it is easy to give him lots of healthy treats though it is the other ones I worry about...have a created a sugar fiend....Anyway life is good! :)

0 comments: