Living and Authentic life

Friday, June 20, 2008

WORK - THE FIELD

Well I am returning to the field!!! I am about to work 4 days, and will be gone 3 nights from my cute little baby....and my cute big baby.....My WONDERFUL mom is helping out my overwhelmed husband while I am gone. I am really excited to go back into the field, and hopefully it will give me some time to reset my sleeping schedule because we usually go to bed by 10pm in the field and since I won't be waking up all night maybe I can finally catch up.....I know Bri what you are thinking because it is the field we are talking about, but I tell you since having kids, I usually get better uninterupted sleep in the field....anyway I will tell you how it went when I get back and hopefully have some cool pictures to share for all...:)

4 comments:

Bri!!! said...

No, I got great sleep out in the field. That is where I would catch up on sleep. A lot of times I would come out of the field rested and ready for the week. Unless there were bad storms or kids waking up needing to talk in the middle of the night:-). Have a blast. I miss camping so bad. Hopefully I will Have Caleb soon after you get out:-). Do you know what group you will be in? I wish I could go out there this week with you...sigh.

em kawasaki said...

Hey Jen, Sorry I probably should know this but what exactly is the "field" and where is it?

:) Jen said...

The "Field" is where I work with at risk youth, I go and camp out with them in the wilderness, BLM land or National Forest land while they work on changing behaviors, it is really great because I get to work outside and am usually out there for 4 days at a time. Our field area is mainly Dixie National Forest here in St. George, but we also use land in Nevada for our program...:)

em kawasaki said...

That seems perfect for you! I know we have discussed your career a bit before but I never knew it was so involved. Part of me really envies you for having such a meaningful job and changing so many lives and part of me knows that you must miss your boys while you are gone. You're a good woman!