Living and Authentic life

Friday, September 26, 2008

Who doesn't have 10 or 15 extra min.....


Well here we go....I am home in Provo, I still call it home because it is where I pretty much grew up, I am by myself here in my parents house, my mom and dad went up to Idaho Falls to a wedding, and Shad went up with Shantell to Boise to visit Shaylor and Jackie....we were all going to go, but me and the boys are sick, and I don't want Jackie to have to deal with Rowdy being sick because of us....so here we are alone at the house and I love doing absolutely nothing, I woke up at 10, fed the boys breakfast, we played and then we all took naps, Tae is still asleep while I blog right now and Taren is in his bumbo....hanging out with me....ok now he is back down for a nap and Tae is up....that is how it goes sometimes, I put one down the other gets up, then I get Tae down and Taren gets up, sometimes I am lucky if they both go down at the same time....like today, I got to sneak in a nap. Anyway that is the point of my title....whenever I put Tae down for a nap or to bed, if I just walk in there and set him in the pack in play or crib, he always cries for a little bit, but.....if I take 10 or 15 min and we sing some songs and say a prayer together...he goes down and not a peep, not crying at all....so I have been committed to make sure that I take that time before putting him down to sleep, because come on...who doesn't have 10 or 15 min? It helps us bond and spend quality time together, and now Tae sings the songs with me, and if the songs have hand gestures like popcorn popping on the apricot tree or itsy bitsy spider, he does them with me I love it! He says new words everyday, he will be full on talking before I know it. He still wants to do everything with Shad, it is constantly "where's daddy" and "no mamma, daddy help.." Shad became his favorite overnight, what can I say I am out of the club, I don't have the right parts....on another note Taren is about done nursing, we do it once in the morning and once at night and my milk is getting lower and lower, I can hardly pump anything....it always happens sooner than I want it to, this happened with Tae around the same time.....I have taken supplements this time with Taren to try and increase my milk supply, and it has helped, but now I just can't get him to nurse enough to keep it going, so I am going to stop, we made it 6 months and I am happy about that, I wanted to go 8 months with Taren, but oh well. He is eating more solid food these days I would say it is 40% food, 40% formula and then 20% nursing. I switched Tae to raw milk when he was between 8-10 months and he has done great on it, so I only plan on using formula for Taren till he is about 8 or 9 months old and then I will transition him to raw milk as well. Redmond farm really has the best, even though it is hard to get, it is worth it. Taren is rolling all over the place and will figure out sitting up and crawling soon, it is fun to watch him grow up. Shad's knee is getting a lot better, he still has to be careful, and it is really stiff sometimes, but it is slowly getting more mobility and he bikes a lot with Mony to help it keep strengthen, he will be going on hunts soon, hopefully he is successful with all 3, then our freezer will be overflowing with organic wild game once again, we still have a bit of elk, and it will be nice to have it full again. I am planning on working full time soon, just trying to see what my options are first and what will fit best for me at Second Nature Entrada. We want to be debt free by the time I start graduate school. Well there you go that is our family in a nutshell and what has been happening. :)

2 comments:

Heidi Jo said...

I don't know how to make a link! I did that with Kelly's somehow but i seriously am lost! Link me to yours! haha

Happy to here from ya!

Heidi

Laura said...

Tarin is so freakin cute!!! I want a baby so bad right now aren't they just precious! Call when you get back we need to go out on a double date sometime!