Living and Authentic life

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back on the Fitness train....and I am really serious this time!


So I have started lifting and running again, but not just a little and light weights....full blown intensity, intensity, and well more intensity...I listened to this great audio book called ultimate fitness....and i LOVED it! I knew it would inspire me...and you know what I really LOVED about it...it was written by a reporter, we all know reporters ask a TON of questions...so she started asking them about fitness, what are the best ways to get in shape, why does one thing work and not another, I like her book because it is based on her researching every question you could think of and finding the roots to why certain things started in the fitness world, like the HR formula...which by the way is kinda BS! I know right...what am I saying...that is only one of the things that totally blew me away! That standard formula and where it came from I can't remember where it came from...I will have to listen to that again, but I do remember it was never meant to be standardized all across the board, Polar HR monitor company took that formula and did it to sell more HR monitors....I mean its good to know your HR and what your max and you min is, but just subtracting 220 from your age and then multiplying it by 80% or the low end 60% may not be what the high end of your HR is, the best way to test is to get on a treadmill, sprint till you cannot take another step and then moniter what your high is then.....bottom line of the book....you gotta be working out hard enough to sweat, and I am not talking just a nice light sweat, I am talking heart pounding, face dripping, hey I need to clean the machine off for sure when I am done sweat! That goes with weights too, be lifting enough to have a hard time finishing 3 sets....meaning each set is hard to do, and no us women will not ever bulk up and look like men if we lift hard and intensely, it just won't happen. Exercising vigerously for at least 45 min a day minus sundays at least for me....with high intensity....well she says in the book that is the kind of exercise that changed bodies and really tones them out and droppes lbs and body fat! So here I come hard intensity fitness train....now it is all relative...how hard I can train now won't be as hard as I could push myself in a month or so....so I know I still gotta be patient...but I have decided that these last few months of the year before I turn 30, are the months where I will get into the best shape of my life and then maintain that the rest of my life so that I can be an active spry grandma someday! Plus lets be honest, even although I am back to "normal" pre pregnancy weight, I miss the hard toned muscles I used to have and the lower body fat rate....so I am sick of talking about it and kinda trying, I am jumping in and hitting the fitness train with all I have got.....here I come the best shape of my life...and don't worry I will be posting pictures! So you can all cheer me on....oh and I forgot, of course nutrition is a HUGE deal when trying to get in the best shape of my life, so other than thanksgiving day and christmas day....it is oatmeal and other yummy grains, apples, watermelon and other delicious fruits, chicken, elk, fish and lots of veggies and salads for me....:) I am SO excited, plus I have really decided I miss that feeling I get when I leave the gym having worked really hard, or biking around town with the boys and wanting to just come home and enjoy the workout buzz...it relieves my stress, I have more energy and I love how my body ends up looking....so really why wouldn't I jump on the fitness train for those type of dividends! I will keep you updated! Tune in for more...1 picture to start, one of my favorite taken almost a year after Tae was born....I look great and I want to feel that way everyday from NOW ON! :)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hi There! Good for you wanting to get in shape, not that your in bad shape. I know how you feel though. I want another baby but I feel so good I kinda don't want to start all over. Oh well I think a baby is worth it!