Living and Authentic life

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

UPDATE....FINALLY



So here it is everyone, my long awaited update....so I finished school, no wait I don't think you heard me....I FINISHED SCHOOL....:)at least my BA. Such a great moment, and I didn't just go out with a bang...I killed it with a 4.0 yes that is what I said a 4. freakin 0...pretty cool stuff. The day before I left the field was soo hectic....I was trying to take tests, finish projects, get ready for the field...and it all ended up great. Shad is finishing the downstairs and has the texture up on half of the walls, it is great timing because Tae started pulling the insulation out of the walls, so even though it is a HUGE mess....I am so glad it will be done, I am going to visit my Aunt in Wyoming this weekend, ride some horses and have plain old fun with my mom and sister, so hopefully when I get home on monday...its all painted, cleaned up and DONE...at least for now, that seems to be the theme....DONE at least for now with all the house remodeling, and school I guess, I still am going to get my Masters degree....Shad has done such a great job however and I will have to take some pictures of all the rooms he has finished, because they look fabulous, he never ceases to amaze me. So I have had the opportunity to go into the field pretty close together and it has been sooo much fun, I have been doing mentoring and it is so nice to feel appreciated for what I believe I am really good at, the staff have really enjoyed having me out! The weather has been pretty mellow which is nice since usually it is so flippin hot this time of year, the rain has kept it cooler. I was in an adolescent boys group and they have been really fun to work with, willing to be silly and willing to work on themselves, plus the therapist in that group is great to. Its been nice to work and catch up on bills and start saving for all sorts of times ahead. So the one bummer is I missed Tae's 2nd birthday, he turned 2 on Saturday the 2nd, and I kid you not, that day I had dragonflys around me all day, that is one of Tae's totems...I knew he knew I was thinking of him! And that I missed him that day and vice versa...he still is too young to really know what birthdays are all about, so I didn't feel too bad about missing it, but next year...BIG PARTY! We got him a new toy and Grandma sent him a card and some missionary fund money and a doodler, he loves to draw on it. We are going to celbrate it tomorrow before I go, so I will get some great pictures! So needless to say it is nice to sit back take a breath and just be able to enjoy the rest of the summer and have some fun! Taren is getting so big as well, he is such a joy to have around and I am SOO excited they are close, he wanted to come and be close to his brother, so I am glad we listened. Anyways enjoy the pictures, and I am back on the BLOG train....more to come soon!

5 comments:

Bri!!! said...

4.0 YOU ROCK! That is so great. Congrats on graduating, that is such an exciting thing JP. I'm very stoked for you. So, were you in group 6 this past shift? I LOVE G6. Justin is my favorite. Anyway, glad to have you back on the blog train. I miss reading them. Also you gotta get recent pics of the boys together. They grow so quickly...sigh.

Kristy said...

Congratulations, Jennie! We are so happy for you! Love the pictures too!

Mary said...

Jen that is so impressive that you got a 4.0!!!!! Especially with everything you have had going on. so me people can just handle everything really well and you are one of them. Congrats on your degree and being done with school for now. Hope you have fun at your aunts!

Mary said...

Oooops!! I meant so many people can handle everything and you are one of them.

Laura said...

Hey Crazy Lady!!! We need to hang out!! Are you going to be at softball tomorrow? You better be!!