Living and Authentic life

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Life goes on.....







well its been awhile! I have decided that when you have little ones it is hard to find time for things like writing blogs...that being said I think it is still important for me to do even if its once a month, its like a journal of our family as we evolve and develop. I certainly want that in the years to come. So what is life like for the Sorensen's these days...well I am loving my new job as a therapist assistant. I am in the midst of figuring out my long term school plan. I adjusted it a bit and am going a non-conventional route to become a therapist. I will have to go back to school and get a bachelor's degree in nursing (I am currently working on the pre-reqs for nursing school) Then get my Masters degree as an APRN and become psychiatric nurse practioner. It is the degree that can expand my scope of practice and I can still do couseling. I think I have just resolved myself to be in school for the next few years. I figure if I get my master's degree and my Ph.D. by the time I am 38 I will be thrilled. I am in for the long haul for sure.

Shad is doing well and about to go hunting for a cow elk. I hope he gets one this year because then our freezer is full of healthy, organic elk meet for over a year.

My boys are growing up fast and there is talk about adding another one to our clan by the time Taren turns 3. I considered it now, but I don't want to go through my last trimester in the ridiculous heat of St. George, SO we are waiting, but probley next year for sure. Taegyn goes to a kindergarten class one or two times a week at his day care and is doing well in the class. Taren gets to do pre-school while Taegyn is upstairs in his class. Its a great day care and we love it.

This year for Halloween they were sharks and loved the costumes. Shad and I went to San Diego because we have an awesome friend named Jessica Washburn who made it all happen and it was like a second honeymoon. Great times. So my kids got to hang with my most amazing parents and got to go trick-or-treating with Grandpa Pool. Needless to say they had a blast.

Life is good, we can't complain. Sometimes we wonder how we are so blessed (Thanks mom and dad, it must be your blessing spilling over! ;)

0 comments: