Living and Authentic life

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas 2008!






So we had a WONDERFUL christmas! My family came up to St. George and spent 2 weeks here it was so GREAT! I took off work for Christmas and I am so glad I did, the week before there was snow up to my knees while I was in the field, I could not believe it, it just kept dumping and dumping snow, so it was so nice to get out of the snow and have a lot of fun with my family. I am so grateful they all made an effort to meet in St. George to spend time together, after the traveling to Texas...yeah 40 hours total in the van with a 2 year old, I was ready to just stay put for awhile. SO Taegyn had a blast opening presents and then opening everyone else's presents, he had cute christmas PJ's and we fit movies, racquetball, dice game and made treats and ate really good food and had wonderful chats and catch up time, it was great to see Spencer for so long and the next week around New Years we had a lot of fun golfing. Overall it was so much fun, Shad had a hard time with working over Christmas and missed out on some of the fun, and next year he will have Christmas off! This next year should be a lot of fun and as I look over 2008 we got a lot accomplished, our house is moving along, we welcomed in Taren into our family and he is so much fun, he is cutting teeth right now so kinda grumpy! Tae is almost 2 1/2 right now and turning from a baby to a little boy, his new favorite toy and movie is Buzz lightyear! He will even say to infinity and beyond and run around the house shooting his lazer. We got him a toy and a costume to wear around the house, he never wants to take it off....I will have to get some pictures of him in it, the goal this year is to finish the bathroom and landing and stairs and build a new bigger shed, tear down the old one, get rid of stuff we aren't using so we aren't pack ratting it up, then making a garden this year and actually getting a yard and a fence so the kids can play in the back and Mony can run around, Shad has fallen deeply in love with her and she has become a part of our family. I am going to look for a graduate program that fits for me and apply and get ready to go to graduate school here in the next year or two, and study and take the GRE.....and Shad will think about getting his bachelor's. We both think if he is going to do it, now would be the time to start fitting that in.....and down the road a year or two we may add one more to our family! So that is us in a nutshell! We love our lives and feel so blessed continually to share it with such cool people! :)

1 comments:

lynsie said...

Thanks for the message! It is always so nice to hear from you. You are always such a positive example to me! I can't wait to see you again and hope that everything continues to go well for you guys! Much love, Lynsie.